Arcare Aranda Development Plan
What is proposed for the land?
Our proposal is to develop a new residential aged facility which meets current standards of residential aged care.
Some of the key points we would like to highlight about this development which will be of interest to you are:
- The new building proposed for the site will be Two storey + Basement with a pitched roof and will provide for a total of 120 beds with associated communal facilities for resident use.
- The new building on the site will provide for a single large internal courtyard with new landscaping within the courtyard and to extend around the perimeter. A feature of the new landscape design is to provide for screen planting along all boundaries and additional canopy trees within the courtyards.
- The new building has been positioned to optimise the retention of existing trees along the Northern and Eastern boundary and to position carparking below grade in Basement carparking away from abutting neighbouring properties.
- Building Architecture responds to immediate properties with articulation of the building envelope and choice of materials and colours to match the contemporary setting.
- A car park providing for the necessary car parking for staff and visitors (total of 61 spaces) will be constructed. As is the case with all Arcare facilities, parking provided on site will be significantly greater than what the planning controls require.