Arcare’s Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Arcare is a client focused, values-based organisation that appreciates people’s differences and the positive contribution all people bring to our culture inclusive of: nationality, race, cultural background, gender, sexual preference, religion, social behavior, disability, family marital status, age, position, or political opinion.
We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion in our community: our clients and families, team members, volunteers, partners and friends by encouraging equality, collaboration and participation. Our decisions are based on our core values: Partnerships, Uniqueness, Relationships and Flexibility, and our behaviors are mirrored through our ROLES and SENSES Program in which these principles are ingrained.
We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion through:
- the selection of our team members who personal values align to Arcare
- our policies, procedures and systems which promote equality, eliminate exclusivity, and enable everyone to know and exercise their rights
- consultation and collaboration with our community members to understand challenges and continually strive to be better
- the promotion and awareness of Diversity and Inclusion to our community members, and the development of our team members and volunteers to ensure these principles and our values are front of mind
- the provision of a safe environment which enables people to be themselves and feel respected
At Arcare, we believe diverse perspectives, experiences and cultural differences enable us to recognise and respect each other’s uniqueness and appreciate the value these bring to our community. We believe engaging and collaborating with our community members, helps them feel a sense of belonging, security, continuity, purpose, fulfillment and significance which empowers us all to be who we are.