Arcare Home Care (AHC)
At Arcare Home Care (AHC), we:
- promote a culture that encourages and regularly seeks feedback from clients to identify opportunities for improvement for individuals and for Arcare.
- recognize participants’ right to raise concerns and make complaints about the care and services they receive from Arcare, and aim to have an accessible, confidential, prompt and fair system to resolve complaints efficiently and effectively.
Our Feedback and Complaints policy aims to:
- put in place an open and transparent system for clients and their representatives to provide positive and negative feedback about the care and services they receive
- clarify the roles and responsibilities of staff to ensure complaints are handled fairly and objectively
- effectively manage complaints and issues identified, setting out how staff record and analyse complaint data
- respond appropriately to feedback received formally, informally, written or verbal in a timely manner. Open disclosure process – open communication and transparent processes
- establish our timeframes for resolving complaints
- identify barriers that make it difficult for clients to raise issues and create a culture that welcomes and supports them – this may include:
- Literacy and language skills
- Cultural and linguistic background
- Physical, mental, cognitive and sensory abilities
- use feedback data to improve the quality of care and services to lead to better outcomes
- provide an accessible, confidential and fair system to deal with feedback and resolve complaints
Your feedback will be dealt with confidentially and will remain anonymous if preferred.
No client, participant or worker will be adversely affected because they have made a complaint, or one has been made against them.
Please complete the attached Feedback and Complaints brochure and send to the AHC Quality team (HCFeedback@arcare.com.au), and provide your name and details if you wish to be contacted about this issue.