National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Arcare Home Care (AHC) aims to deliver services and supports to National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants in a way that maintains the rights, standards and principles underpinning the NDIS to comply with the NDIS (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Rules 2018 under the NDIS Act 2013. We are committed to the NDIS evidence-based framework of Zero Tolerance to raise and respond to any deviation from the human rights of people using NDIS services. We ensure a trained workforce and keep records of all relevant workers, screening and valid clearances. We have a governance system which oversees effective complaints and incident management systems.
Arcare Home Care has been registered with NDIS and offers service and supports for the following categories:
Assistance with Self-Care
Support for independent living
Access community & social & recreational activities
In order to promote the safety and wellbeing of people with disability, the NDIS Code of Conduct (NDIS Code) has been introduced and applies to all Arcare Home Care and service providers delivering NDIS supports or services, including Personal Support Workers, contractors and volunteers. AHC aims to deliver services and supports according to the NDIS Code, including:
- Act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making in accordance with applicable laws and conventions.
- Respect the privacy of people with disability.
- Provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner with care and skill.
- Act with integrity, honesty and transparency.
- Promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that may impact the quality and safety of supports and services provided to people with disability.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence against, and exploitation, neglect and abuse of, people with disability.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct.