- What is your name, role and Arcare residence? How long have you worked at said residence? Annmarie Baigent, Residence Manager Arcare Sanctuary Manors, commenced February 2020.
- What’s your journey at Arcare, have you started in one role and transitioned to another?
I commenced as an ACFI Coordinator to get into the Arcare Organisation, with over 10 years Residential Managers experience with a rural site in Beaudesert. I look forward to an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career progression within Arcare.
- What do you enjoy about your role and working in aged care?
The positive impact on our Community, meeting a wide variety of people and making a tremendous difference in clients quality of life. You get to experience the personal satisfaction of knowing that what you do has a positive impact on the Community. It’s challenging but the rewards are huge. There can be a lot of miracles in aged care. Sometimes it’s the most heartwarming job in the world.
- What is a memorable moment or story you recall working at your residence with either a resident or a team member?
Celebrating achievements with an elderly person when they achieve their goals, no matter how big or small. I am constantly amazed at the work and commitment, patience, hard work and kindness that our team show each and every day. A team that adheres to their promised values. A million thanks to all of our Team.
- What pearls of wisdom or words of encouragement do you live by?
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that makes us grow.
- What hobbies or interests do you have outside of work?
Family are a huge part of my everyday life. I absolutely love my family and friends, music and gardening.