To gain an understanding on the motivations, thoughts and ideas of the team members who make Arcare what it is, we sit down for an interview to share with you. Today we speak to Arcare Balnarring’s fresh new face, Fiona Smith who is the first person you see as you enter this brand new 5-star residence.
- What is your name and role at Arcare?
My name is Fiona Smith and I am the Receptionist and Administration Officer.
- What Arcare residence do you work at?
I’m lucky enough to work at the stunning new Arcare Balnarring residence.
- How long have you been working at Arcare?
I started working for Arcare in October this year.
- What do you enjoy about your role and working in aged care?
I love the caring atmosphere here at Arcare, the residence is beautifully decorated and it really is such pleasure to come to work everyday.
- What is a memorable moment or story you recall working at your residence with either a resident or a team member?
When our first resident came into the residence it was so exciting! We’d been setting up the residence, making sure that everything was perfect and all we needed was our first residents to enter the doors. Mable and Edna arrived and everyone welcomed them with open arms (COVID safe of course!).
- What pearls of wisdom or words of encouragement do you live by?
Life is too short to worry about thing you can’t change. Be grateful for what you have and tell people who are dear to you that they are loved.
- What hobbies or interests do you have outside of work?
I love doing anything creative. I’ve recently discovered fluid art which is so easy and looks amazing.
Find out about Arcare Balnarring here.